I can't believe I made it. I did all 25 blogs! I am sitting in my home, surrounded by wrapping paper and gifts (mostly more nativities for me...really running out of room) and watching the snow fall off and on all morning. I am full from a wonderful Elmers breakfast thanks to my mother in law. I can not help but think how thankful I am for all that I have.
I am so grateful to have a family that is eternal. My parents set the example to us by being married in the temple, always serving in the church, serving on their mission and then coming home and being ward missionaries and teaching the temple prep class we (and others) took. I am thankful that my husband is worthy to be my eternal companion and has come so far from where he was when I met him.
I am thankful for a roof over my head and that we both have jobs at this time. I am thankful that we are fed (maybe too well looking at our waistlines). I am thankful to live in a country where we are free to celebrate this holiday, or any religious holiday, no matter what it is, and thankful there are those like my brother who are willing to spend this Christmas out fighting for others to have that same freedom.
I am thankful for the plan of salvation and for the wonderful blessing it is to understand that this earthly life is but a short moment. I am thankful I have the knowledge that families can be together forever. Heaven would not be heaven without my family.
Most of all, I want each of you to know how grateful I am for the Gospel. My trials and experiences have only strengthened my testimony of its truthfulness. I know this is the true Gospel and that our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ love each of us. I am so grateful for my understanding of the atonement and the resurrection.
I love the quote in the visiting teaching message from President Uchtdorf.
“The gospel of Jesus Christ has the divine power to lift you to great heights from what appears at times to be an unbearable burden or weakness. The Lord knows your circumstances and your challenges. He said to Paul and to all of us, ‘My grace is sufficient for thee.’ And like Paul we can answer: ‘My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me’ (2 Corinthians 12:9)”
Mike and I have especially learned of this truthfulness. Our burden of infertility has tested us to what we thought were our limits this past year. When we have thought at times that we could not carry on, the Lord has blessed us with the strength that we need, all possible because Christ's divine power to "lift us to great heights from...our unbearable burden"
This Christmas we find the focus more on Christ. The presents under the tree do not compare to our strengthened testimony that Christ lives. That he is our Saviour and it is through his atoning sacrifice that we are able to be made clean so that we may return to live with our Father in Heaven. My Christmas wish is that all may be able to have the opportunity to truly see how their trials can bring them closer to Christ and our Heavenly Father and that they will come to fully understand the atonement and how it plays apart in their lives.
God Bless you all, Merry Christmas.
I finished the 25 blogs and will probably not post for a few days. We are heading out of town next week and won't be back until after New Years so I hope everyone has a great Holiday Week!
No comments:
Post a Comment